Contact Personal InjuryPersonal Injury
Personal Injury Home Car Accident Traffic Ticket Personal Injury Accident Benefits Insurance Claims
Full Name  

Car Accidents in Ontario

Accident Benefits

Personal Injury

Traffic Tickets Defense


This benefit is for people who, at the time of the accident, were enrolled in an elementary, secondary, post-secondary or continuing education program and, as a result of the accident, are unable to continue the program. The benefit covers expenses incurred before the accident for tuition, books, equipment or room and board. The expenses must be related lo the program that you can no longer continue and for the school term in which you were enrolled at the time of the accident, to a maximum of $15,000.


If you suffer an impairment as a result of an accident, your insurance company will pay for reasonable and necessary expenses incurred by the following people when they visit you during your treatment or recovery:

  • your spouse, children, grandchildren, parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters;
  • an individual who was living with you at the time of the accident;
  • an individual who you are treating as a child of your family',
  • in the case of an injured child, an individual who is clearly treating that child as part of the individual's family.

Incurred expense can be claimed for a maximum of 1o4 weeks after the accident, unless the impairment is catastrophic.


Your insurance company will pay for reasonable expenses incurred by you to repair or replace clothing you were wearing at the time of the accident, prescription eyewear, dentures, hearing aids, prostheses and other medical or dental devices that were lost or damaged as a result of the accident.


Your insurer will pay for reasonable expenses incurred for an examination or assessment or to obtain a certificate, report ,or treatment plan. This includes:

  • fees charged by a person conducting an examination or assessment or providing a certificate, report or
  • treatment plan (Note: many assessments and examinations require the prior approval of your insurance company)
  • transportation expenses incurred for you and an aide or attendant in travelling to and from an examination or assessment. Your insurer will not pay the expenses for the first 50 kilometers of each round trip.